Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungHanna Rosin's The End of Men is an explosive new argument for why women are winning the battle of the sexes and why men are no longer top dog, for lovers of Caitlin Moran's How to be a Woman .<br />Men have been the dominant sex since, well the dawn of mankind. <br>But this is no longer true.<br>Women are no longer catching up with men. By almost every measure, they are out-performing them.<br />·Women in Britain hold half the jobs<br>·Women own over 40% of China's private businesses<br>·75% of couples in fertility clinics are requesting girls, not boy<br>·Women will outnumber men in the UK medical profession by 2017<br>·In 1970, women in the US contributed to 2-6% of the family income. Now it is 42.2%<br />This is an astonishing time. In a job market that favours people skills and intelligence, women's adaptability and flexibility makes them better suited to the modern world.<br />In The End of Men , Hanna Rosin reveals how this has come to pass and explains its implications for marriage, sex, children, work, families and society.<br />Exposing old assumptions and drawing on examples from across the globe, Rosin shows us how we must all adapt to a radically new way of working and living.<br />'One of the most controversial books since Naomi Wolf's The Beauty Myth ' Stylist<br />'Explosive' Daily Mail<br />'Fascinating' Sunday Times<br />'One of the year's most sparred over books' The Times<br />Hanna Rosin is a senior editor at The Atlantic magazine and a founder and co-editor of DoubleX, Slate 's women's section. She has written for the New Yorker , The New York Times , GQ , and The New Republic , and for a number of years covered politics and religion for the Washington Post . In 2009 she was nominated for a National Magazine Award, and in 2010 she won one. She is the author of a previous book, God's Harvard: A Christian College on a Mission to Save America . Rosin lives in Washington, DC, with her husband, Slate editor David Plotz, and their three children.
- AutorHanna Rosin
- VerlagPenguin Books Ltd
- Seiten336 Seiten
- Gewicht242 g
Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 16,36Preistendenz: EUR 17,98
- EUR 13,38Preistendenz: EUR 13,87
- EUR 17,63Preistendenz: EUR 17,95
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,55
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 19,26
- EUR 10,37Preistendenz: EUR 10,93
- EUR 6,08Preistendenz: EUR 8,14
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.