Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungPlease note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The World Council of Churches (WCC) is an international Christian ecumenical organization. Based in Geneva, Switzerland, it is a fellowship of about 340 churches of which 157 are members. The fellowship includes denominations collectively representing about 550 million Christians throughout more than 120 countries. After the initial successes of the Ecumenical Movement in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, including the Edinburgh Missionary Conference of 1910 (chaired by future WCC Honorary President John R. Mott), church leaders (in 1937) agreed to establish a World Council of Churches, based on a merger of the Faith and Order Movement and Life and Work Movement organisations. Its official establishment was deferred with the outbreak of World War II until August 23, 1948. Delegates of 147 churches assembled in Amsterdam to merge the Faith and Order Movement and Life and Work Movement. Subsequent mergers were with the International Missionary Council in 1961 and the World Council of Christian Education, with its roots in the 18th century Sunday School movement, in 1971.
- AutorLambert M. Surhone,Miriam T. Timpledon,Susan F. Marseken
- HerausgaberLambert M. Surhone,Miriam T. Timpledon,Susan F. Marseken
- VerlagBetascript Publishing
- Seiten140 Seiten
- Gewicht213 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,69
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,25
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.