Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungLONGLISTED FOR THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE FOR FICTION 2016<br>Placing itself perfectly alongside acclaimed work by Philipp Meyer, Jane Smiley and J M Coetzee, this debut novel charts the story of Roscoe T Martin in rural Alabama in the 1920s.<br>Roscoe has set his sights on a new type of power spreading at the start of the 20th century: electricity. It becomes his training, his life's work. But when his wife Marie inherits her father's failing farm, Roscoe has to give it up, with great cost to his pride and sense of self, his marriage and his family.<br>Realising that he might lose them all, he uses his skills as an electrician to siphon energy from the state, ushering in a period of bounty and happiness on a farm recently falling to ruin. Even the love of Marie and their son seems back within Roscoe's grasp.<br>Then everything changes. A young man is electrocuted on their land. Roscoe is arrested for manslaughter and - no longer an electrician or even a farmer - he must now carve out a place in a violent new world.
- AutorVirginia Reeves
- VerlagSimon & Schuster, Paula Wiseman Books
- Seiten400 Seiten
- Gewicht364 g
Meistverkauft in Weltliteratur & Klassiker
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,20
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,19
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,14
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,16
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.