Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 21,94Preistendenz: EUR 24,87
- EUR 4,79Preistendenz: EUR 6,17
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 14,24
- EUR 7,40Preistendenz: EUR 10,55
- EUR 9,90Preistendenz: EUR 11,22
- EUR 7,95Preistendenz: EUR 11,51
- EUR 7,87Preistendenz: EUR 13,30
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungIt was world-famous sculptor Gutzon Borglum's dream to carve sixty-foot-high likenesses of four presidents on a granite cliff in South Dakota. Does that sound like a wacky idea? Many at the time thought so. Borglum faced a lot of opposition and problems at every turn; the blasting and carving carried out through the years of the Great Depression when funding for anything was hard to come by. Yet Mount Rushmore now draws almost three million visitors to the Black Hills every year. This is an entertaining chronicle of one man's magnificent obsession, which even today sparks controversy.
- AutorTrue Kelley
- IllustratorDavid Groff,John Hinderliter
- VerlagGrosset & Dunlap
- Seiten112 Seiten
- Gewicht136 g
- Leseprobe<br>In 1924, the world-famous sculptor Gutzon Borglum and his thirteen-year-old son took a trip together out west. They left their home in Connecticut and, days later, got off a train in Rapid City, South Dakota. Only about six thousand people lived in Rapid City. South Dakota had been a state for only thirty-five years. The Borglums felt they were in the middle of nowhere. They actually were smack-dab in the center of the United States.<br>
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.