Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,70
- EUR 34,99Preistendenz: EUR 35,99
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 17,69
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungA groundbreaking self-defense and fitness book for women by a ballerina-turned-self-defense expert. Learn how to become your own weapon of self-defense and fitness so that you can create and target your best life.<br>After ballerina Avital Zeisler was savagely attacked as a young woman, she lived in fear-until she took action to train with experts in self-defense from around the world. Seeking a method specific to women and using Krav Maga as a base, she created her own self-defense program: the Soteria Method. It was an immediate sensation, and is now in demand by everyone from corporate executives to Hollywood stars-such as Amanda Seyfried, Megan Boone, and Keri Russell, to name a few-who seek her classes both for the self-defense and for the intense, body-sculpting workout.<br>Unique and empowering, Weapons of Fitness will help get you into incredible shape-and just might save your life.
- AutorAvital Zeisler
- VerlagPenguin Putnam Inc
- Seiten240 Seiten
- Gewicht489 g
- Leseprobe<br>ACKNOWLEDGMENTS<br>To my family, who built the nest, told me I had the wings to fly, and trusted that I could achieve my dreams-I would not be who I am if not for your love and support. For all who inspired me throughout this journey, I offer you my gratitude and respect. I recall every moment of support vividly, and I want to thank those who believed in me along the way-your generosity of spirit has helped me find the place where I can share this method with the world. To my literary agent, Joy Tutela, and my editors at Penguin, Megan Newman and Gigi Campo, for seeing this vision through-I could not have done this without you. To the one man who endured the impact of every combative featured in this book-thank you, George, for your physical and emotional generosity. To Tammy, I am forever grateful for your unwavering support. To Richard and Amy, thank you for your support, guidance, and belief in the cause-from the outset. Moran Cerf, thank you for your time consulting with me on the neuroscience of our minds. Dax, thank you for being my rock. To every one of my students-I am honored and humbled by your achievements. All of you give me the extra strength to move forward, as you have all touched my spirit in a special and unique way.<br>FOREWORD<br>I had always subscribed to the belief that women were far more likely to be victimized by men because they were physically weaker and thus ill-equipped to defend themselves. This was nonsense that, I suppose, was further perpetuated by my love of movies-where, time and time again, I was offered examples of the classic "damsel in distress." It wasn't until I met Avital Zeisler and was introduced to her unique method of self-defense, the Soteria Method, that my perceptions were forever changed. There's no clearer way to say this (and I hope I don't lose anyone by speaking so technically), but Avital is a genuine badass. She emboldened me beyond my wildest expectations by teaching me simple mechanical techniques and combative wisdom that more than make up for any physical disadvantage. In short, she turned me into a badass. The Soteria Method is exclusively for the female defender and works for women of all ages and sizes. It helps you to build an effective and intuitive survival mindset that ensures your ability to use the concepts and strategies under pressure. Learning Avital's method has actually made me less paranoid and more confidently aware.<br>In addition to learning how to physically defend myself, I was surprised by my gains in mental acuity and my reduction of anxiety. Avital's Soteria Method gave me an increased level of confidence, which resonates in my daily life. It's also a serious workout
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.