Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,70
- EUR 34,99Preistendenz: EUR 35,99
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 17,69
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungFor the first time two tumor-associated antigens were evaluated as adjuvant therapy in combination with granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) for patients with colorectal cancer. The ¿rst study involved immunization with the protein, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) during one year. This vaccination regimen induced a strong immunoglobulin 1 (IgG1) and IgG4 and a moderate IgG2 response against CEA. The humoral as well as the T cell responses were protracted up to 36 months. The dose of CEA had no or modest effect on these responses. The anti-CEA IgG titers related signi¿cantly to survival. Functional HLA-DR epitopes of CEA could be de¿ned which may serve as components of a vaccination strategy. The other vaccine strategy consisted of the epithelial cell adhesion molecule (Ep-Cam) expressed as a transgene in a viral vector, ALVAC. Patients were immunized over 6 weeks. No anti-Ep-Cam speci¿c humoral response was induced, but eventually Ep-Cam speci¿c type 1 T cells were induced. Both vaccines were well tolerated. GM-CSF augmented the responses. A low incidence of GM-CSF antibodies that did not neutralize the effect of GM-CSF was observed.
- AutorGustav Ullenhag
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten144 Seiten
- Gewicht205 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.