Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book offers a clearly written, entertaining and comprehensive source of medical information for both writers and readers of science fiction. <br> Science fiction in print, in movies and on television all too often presents dubious or simply incorrect depictions of human biology and medical issues. This book explores the real science behind such topics as how our bodies adapt to being in space, the real-life feasibility of common plot elements such as suspended animation and medical nanotechnology, and future prospects for improving health, prolonging our lives, and enhancing our bodies through technology. <br> Each chapter focuses on a single important science fiction-related subject, combining concise factual information with examples drawn from science fiction in all media. Chapters conclude with a &8220;Bottom Line&8221; section summarizing the most important points discussed in the chapter and giving science fiction writers practical advice on how to incorporate them into their own creations, including a list of references for further reading. <br> The book will appeal to all readers interested in learning about the latest ideas on a variety of science fiction-related medical topics, and offers an invaluable reference source for writers seeking to increase the realism and readability of their works.<br> Henry G. Stratmann, MD, FACC, FACP is a cardiologist with board certifications in internal medicine, cardiology, and nuclear cardiology. Before entering private practice he became Professor of Medicine at St. Louis University School of Medicine and performed clinical medical research. Henry received a BA in chemistry from St. Louis University and his MD at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. He is currently enrolled at Missouri State University to obtain a BS in physics with a minor in astronomy. His professional publications include being an author or coauthor of many research articles for medical journals, primarily in the field of nuclear cardiology. Henry is also a regular contributor of both stories and science fact articles to Analog Science Fiction and Fact.
- AutorHenry George Stratmann
- SerieScience and Fiction
- Ausgabe1st ed. 2016
- Seiten556 Seiten
- Gewicht866 g
Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 69,99Preistendenz: EUR 70,73
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,79
- EUR 34,99Preistendenz: EUR 36,11
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 17,75
- EUR 9,70Preistendenz: EUR 11,94
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.