Meistverkauft in Sachbücher
Hier sparen: Sachbücher
- EUR 39,90Preistendenz: EUR 75,96
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 32,32
- EUR 17,36Preistendenz: EUR 28,45
- EUR 14,90Preistendenz: EUR 15,14
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,98
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 28,43
Über dieses Produkt
- SynopsisThis book helps consumers get the most out of their HP Pavilion, the best-selling home computer in the world. There are over 10 million Pavilions over a year old. With all the recent advancements in home computing, now is the time when most home users are looking to upgrade. More recent HP Pavilions can be supercharged with memory upgrades, new video cards, or bigger, faster hard drives. Sheldon leads readers through all the steps, from making a decision about what to upgrade, to step-by-step upgrade instructions. Even if readers have the latest and fastest HP Pavilion, this book will help them get the most out of their system, from upgrading memory to optimizing the system for more performance, to adding on a CD or DVD burner. Readers will appreciate the many tips and suggestions Sheldon provides on how to upgrade systems. The book is written for all models of HP Pavilions, from the earliest models first introduced in the mid-1990s to the latest models on sale today.
- AuthorTom Sheldon
- Number Of Pages736 pages
- Publication Date2002-08-29
- PublisherPrentice Hall PTR
- Publication Year2002
- Copyright Date2002
- Weight36.1 Oz
- Height1 In.
- Width7 In.
- Length9.3 In.
- GroupScholarly & Professional
- LC Classification NumberQA76.8.H48S47 2003
Table Of Content
- Table Of Content(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with a Summary.) Introduction. Start Your Engines. Book Roadmap. My First HP Computer. Updates and Alerts. Technical Level. Acknowledgments. A Word from HP. I. GETTING READY. 1. HP Pavilion Overview. Pavilion Systems. Knowing Your Pavilion. Pavilion Models and Series Numbers. The Design of the HP Pavilion. Project: Check Out the Web. Before You Continue: About HP Warranties. 2. PC Overview for the Uninitiated. How Computers Work. Megahertz, Gigahertz, Megabytes, and Gigabytes. More about Clock Speeds. Components of a PC. CPU. RAM and Cache. Cache Memory. The Motherboard. Video Controller and Graphics Accelerators. Audio Systems. Storage Devices and Storage Interface. Cables and External Connectors. The Case. Operating Systems and Software. 3. The Benefits of Upgrading Your HP Pavilion. Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). Clean It Up. Performance Upgrades. CPU Upgrades. BIOS Updates. Memory Upgrades. Video Graphics Updates. Disk Upgrades. External Bus Upgrades. Fans, Power Supplies, and Cases. Operating System Upgrades. Additional Upgrades. Human Interface Upgrades. Optical Drives. Internet Access, Modems, and Digital Services. Home Network. Scanning and Imaging System. Sound System Upgrades. Digital VCR. Digital Video Editing. What to Do with an Older Pavilion. 4. System Inspection. What's Your Model Number? Project: Get Your Model Specifications. Project: Inspecting BIOS. Using Windows Tools for Inspection. Windows System Utility and Device Manager. Project: Using the System Information Utility. Windows XP Help and Support. Automated System Inspectors. Project: Hands-on Visual Inspection. Step 1: Determine Your Case Type. Step 2: Identify Your Expansion Bays. Step 3: Inspect the Front Panel Connectors. Step 4: Inspect the Back Panel Connectors. Project: Looking Inside the Case. Step 1: Open the Case. Step 2: Look over the Motherboard. Step 3: Inspect the Chipset. Step 4: Inspect the CPU. Step 5: Look over the Memory. Step 6: Look Over the Expansion Slots. Step 7: Inspect the Power Supply. Step 8: Close It Up. 5. Performance Issues and Troubleshooting. Not so Complex Terminology. Identifying Bottlenecks and Problems. Software Issues. Operating System Upgrade. Windows Update Utility. Patches, Drivers, and Service Packs. Intel Application Accelerator. Tools and Techniques of the Hardware Wizards. Boot Keys. Windows Startup Menu. System and Performance Monitors. Performance Settings. System Properties for Windows 95, 98, ME. Windows XP Performance Settings. Project: Troubleshooting a Bogged Down and Bloated System. Remove Unnecessary Programs. Troubleshooting Leaking and Piggish Programs. Video Performance. Improving Hard Disk Performance. Disk Cleanup Options. Scanning and Defragmenting the Drive. IDE Update. Hardware Configurations. Power and Cooling Problems. Cooling Issues. Power Supply. II. COMPONENT UPGRADES. 6. Memory Upgrades. Understanding Memory. About the CPU Bus (Front Side Bus). How Much Memory Do You Need? Types of Memory. Interesting Memory Characteristics. Tips and Techniques. What Type of Memory Do You Have? Project: Verifying your Memory Type. Buying and Installing DIMMs. Buying and Installing DDR DIMMs. Buying and Installing RIMMs. Buying and Installing SIMMs. 7. Video Graphics Upgrades. About PC Graphics Systems. Features of Graphics Systems. More About AGP. Graphics Acceleration. Investigating your Video System. Verify your Graphics Controller. View and Change Display Properties. About HP Pavilion Graphics. Video Upgrades. Project: Disabling Onboard Video. Project: Installing a New Video Card. What About Video Monitors? Multimonitor Configurations. Video Problems and Solutions. Troubleshooting Tips and Technique
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.