Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 89,25Preistendenz: EUR 98,98
- EUR 67,94Preistendenz: EUR 74,72
- EUR 54,28Preistendenz: EUR 59,36
- EUR 17,79Preistendenz: EUR 19,98
- EUR 4,79Preistendenz: EUR 6,31
- EUR 10,50Preistendenz: EUR 13,40
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 14,29
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book is a collection of the 2004, 2005 and 2006 annual reports as well as some additional statistics on 2007 compiled by Moscow&8217;s SOVA Center for Information and Analysis. The reports are devoted to such issues as political nationalism; hate crimes; the use of police, administrative, political and social tools to counteract xenophobic violence; and the Russian authorities&8217; abuse of laws designed to counteract extremism, i.e. their cynical exploitation of this legislation for their own political purposes. <br>Already in the middle of this decade, all of these problems were known to pose a certain threat to Russian society. In spite of the considerable public attention they received since then, only few effective measures have been taken and, thus, the situation is getting worse: The level of racist violence is increasing further and the spectrum of ultra-nationalist groups is consolidating. Moreover, representatives of the political elite have started to adopt cryptic and, sometimes, overtly xenophobic rhetoric. At the same time, the government&8217;s current office holders actively utilize anti-extremist legislation to unlawfully restrict not only ultra-nationalist groups, but also the rights and liberties of other non-governmental and political organizations.
- AutorGalina Kozhevnikova
- HerausgaberAndreas Umland
- SerieSoviet and Post-Soviet Politics and Society
- Ausgabe1. Auflage
- Seiten178 Seiten
- Gewicht245 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.