Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungHigh Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! The USS Frederick C. Davis (DE-136) was an Edsall-class destroyer escort built for the United States Navy during World War II. Named for Ensign Frederick Curtice Davis (a naval aviator who was killed during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor), she was the first U.S. Naval vessel to bear the name. Frederick C. Davis was laid down 9 November 1942 by the Consolidated Steel Company of Orange, Texas; launched 24 January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Dorothy H. Robins; and commissioned 14 July 1943 with Lieutenant Commander O. W. Goepner, USNR, in command. Frederick C. Davis sailed from Norfolk 7 October 1943 to escort a convoy to Algiers. She was assigned to escort duty between north African ports and Naples, and on 6 November first came under enemy air attack. A wave of torpedo and medium bombers damaged three ships in her convoy but were driven off by the escort's antiaircraft fire before further damage could be done. Again under air attack on 26 November, Frederick C. Davis splashed at least two of the enemy aircraft.
- HerausgaberLambert M. Surhone,Miriam T. Timpledon,Susan F. Marseken
- VerlagBetascript Publishing
- Seiten132 Seiten
- Gewicht213 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,69
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,25
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.