Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 85,00Preistendenz: EUR 147,66
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 17,28
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 28,15
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThat pain is a serious clinical problem, which requires<br>considerable effortsby physicians and the nursing staff,<br>has been stressed in numerous publications. Transdermal<br>application is well known for a variety of drugs, including<br>cardiovascular drugs, antiemetics and hormones. Some years<br>ago, first experience was also made with transdermally<br>administered opiates from which the transdermal therapeutic<br>system (TTS) fentanyl has now been approved by the American<br>Food and Drug Administration.<br>The book presents the results of the first international<br>workshop "Transdermal Fentanyl", held September 27 -28,<br>1990 in Cologne, FRG. This workshop was intended to<br>facilitate a critical evaluation of theoretical and clinical<br>studies with the new, non-invasive fentanyl application and<br>to provide an opportunity for an exchange of ideas about its<br>value for pain management, anaesthesiology and future<br>investigations in this field. Topics covered by the book are<br>physiology of transdermal permeation, experience with other<br>transdermal systems, the present state of acute and chronic<br>pain management and experimental and clinical studies with<br>transdermal fentanyl, with special concern to analgesic<br>efficacy and side effects.<br>Readers will easily find out that the experts appreciated<br>transdermal analgesia but also warned against an uncritical<br>optimism. TTS fentanyl can be a valuable tool in the<br>clinicians' armentarium against pain. It should be kept in<br>mind, however, that it represents a new administration mode,<br>not a new drug, and that the sustained, non-invasive<br>application requires well reflected diagnosis and good<br>general standards of pain management.
- HerausgaberDetlev Zech,Klaus A. Lehmann
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991.
- Seiten203 Seiten
- Gewicht360 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.