Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 18,48Preistendenz: EUR 31,05
- EUR 11,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,95
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 13,25
- EUR 125,48Preistendenz: EUR 139,97
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe toxicology of metals has been concerned in the past with effects that produced clinical signs and symptoms. However, this view of metal toxicology has expanded in recent years due principally to two advances. There has been a considerable increase in our knowledge of the biochemical effects of metals. In addition, biomarkers of toxicity can now be recognized that identify toxicity at levels of exposure that do not produce overt clinical effects. Thus, the toxicology of metals is now focused on nonclinical events that reflect adverse health effects. This new awareness has produced the challenge of determining the lowest adverse level of exposure. With increasing analytical sensitivity and methodologies to detect small changes at the molecular level, the lowest level of exposure of some toxic metals, like lead, is very small. Indeed, for metals in which there is no biologic requirement, it may be questioned whether there is a level of exposure that does not produce some degree of toxicity. For essential metals, the question is being asked as to the levels at which exposure exceeds biologic require ments and excess exposure becomes toxic. The appropriateness of health decisions and the formation of public policy are dependent on the availability of current scientific information that addresses these questions. The information in this volume is intended to be a resource for this purpose as well as a reference for students of toxicology and other health professionals.
- HerausgaberM. George Cherian,Robert A. Goyer
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
- Seiten467 Seiten
- Gewicht743 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.