Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p><p>This text provides the reader with the necessary technical tools and background to reach the frontiers of research without the introduction of too many extraneous concepts. Detailed and accessible proofs are included, as are a variety of exercises and problems. The two new chapters in this second edition are devoted to two topics of much current interest amongst functional analysts: Greedy approximation with respect to bases in Banach spaces and nonlinear geometry of Banach spaces. This new material is intended to present these two directions of research for their intrinsic importance within Banach space theory, and to motivate graduate students interested in learning more about them.</p><div><br></div>This textbook assumes only a basic knowledge of functional analysis, giving the reader a self-contained overview of the ideas and techniques in the development of modern Banach space theory. Special emphasis is placed on the study of the classical Lebesgue spaces Lp (and their sequence space analogues) and spaces of continuous functions. The authors also stress the use of bases and basic sequences techniques as a tool for understanding the isomorphic structure of Banach spaces.<br></div><div><br></div><div><div>From the reviews of the First Edition:</div><div><br></div><div>"The authors of the book...succeeded admirably in creating a very helpful text, which contains essential topics with optimal proofs, while being reader friendly... It is also written in a lively manner, and its involved mathematical proofs are elucidated and illustrated by motivations, explanations and occasional historical comments... I strongly recommend to every graduate student who wants to get acquainted with this exciting part of functional analysis the instructive and pleasant reading of this book..."</div><div></div><div>-Gilles Godefroy, Mathematical Reviews</div></div></p>
- AutorFernando Albiac,Nigel J. Kalton
- SerieGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Ausgabe2nd ed. 2016
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten508 Seiten
- Gewicht1025 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 34,90Preistendenz: EUR 39,10
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,50
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,13
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.