Meistverkauft in Krimis & Thriller
Hier sparen: Krimis & Thriller
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,89
- EUR 5,45Preistendenz: EUR 7,98
- EUR 8,95Preistendenz: EUR 9,12
- EUR 12,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,70
- EUR 12,43Preistendenz: EUR 23,95
- EUR 10,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,08
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis study places special emphasis on socio-linguistic and language-contact phenomena. It concerns a relatively unfamiliar example of involuntary cultural assimilation and probable extinction, which is not without relevance to current politics among great powers. The Arabic dialect of Tillo is spoken by a small isolated group of Arabs living mainly among Kurds but also among Turks. The official language is Turkish which is also the only language taught in schools. Since Kurds constitute the vast majority in the region, north Kurdish is needed for daily conversation. Arabic has thus come to a standstill stage of development and at the same time lost status for the benefit of these two languages. The Arabs are immigrating to the big cities in the country. This immigration occurs so fast that these Arabs are distressed that soon no Arabs will remain in the village. In the big cities, the Arabs avoid speaking Arabic in order not to attract attention; they are afraid of being classified as terrorists. The consequence of this socio-linguistic situation is that Tillo Arabic goes on losing its importance, and since its development has already been stagnated it seems destined to die out.
- AutorAblahad Lahdo
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten288 Seiten
- Gewicht398 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.