Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe malicious contamination of food and water supplies for terrorist purposes is a real and current threat: deliberate contamination at one location could have severe global public health, trade and consumer confidence implications. The NATO Advanced Research Workshop responded to increasing concern in many countries that chemical, biological or radionuclear agents might be used intentionally to harm civilian populations and that food and water might be used a vehicle for disseminating such agents.<br>Throughout human history drinking water and food supplies of civilians have been the target of attacks and sabotage. Initially these targets were attacked as a part of military campaign but more recently, drinking water and food have been attacked by terrorists in order to generate fear and panic in the civilian population, to create economic disruption or to undermine the people's confidence in their government and political systems.<br>The key to minimizing the effect of food and water terrorism is the establishment and enhancement of existing food and water safety management programs and the implementation of reasonable security measures. Prevention is best achieved through a cooperative effort such Workshops, that give the opportunity to exchange knowledge, ignite fruitful discussions, create networking contacts and finally together make the next step forwards peace and security. A detailed review of the characteristics of biological, chemical and radioactive agents that would make them attractive for use as possible weapons against a given population, as well as the potential consequence bio- or agro-terrorism attack were presented by the speakers, often using actual examples.
- AutorMagdalena Ujevic,Otto Premstaller,Virginia Koukouliou
- HerausgaberMagdalena Ujevic,Otto Premstaller,Virginia Koukouliou
- SerieNATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten156 Seiten
- Gewicht950 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,71
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,27
- EUR 39,00Preistendenz: EUR 38,77
- EUR 17,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,86
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 9,94
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 14,72
- EUR 24,80Preistendenz: EUR 24,67
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.