Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>Díaz turns his remarkable talent to the haunting, impossible power of love - obsessive love, illicit love, fading love, maternal love. On a beach in the Dominican Republic, a doomed relationship flounders. In the heat of a hospital laundry room in New Jersey, a woman does her lover's washing and thinks about his wife. In Boston, a man buys his love child, his only son, a first baseball bat and glove. At the heart of these stories is the irrepressible, irresistible Yunior, a young hardhead whose longing for love is equaled only by his recklessness--and by the extraordinary women he loves and loses</p>
- AutorJunot Díaz
- VerlagPenguin LCC US
- Seiten240 Seiten
- Gewicht120 g
- LeseprobeYear 0 <br>Your girl catches you cheating. (Well, actually she's your fiancée, but hey, in a bit it so won't matter.) She could have caught you with one sucia, she could have caught you with two, but as you're a totally batshit cuero who didn't ever empty his e mail trash can, she caught you with fifty! Sure, over a six -year period, but still. Fifty fucking girls? God damn . Maybe if you'd been engaged to a super open-minded blanquita you could have survived it-but you're not engaged to a super open minded blanquita. Your girl is a bad ass salcedeña who doesn't believe in open anything; in fact the one thing she warned you about, that she swore she would never forgive, was cheating . I'll put a machete in you, she promised. And of course you swore you wouldn't do it. You swore you wouldn't. You swore you wouldn't.<br>And you did.<br>She'll stick around for a few months because you dated for a long long time. Because you went through much together-her father's death, your tenure madness, her bar exam (passed on the third attempt). And because love, real love, is not so easily shed. Over a tortured six- month period you will fly to the DR, to Mexico (for the funeral of a friend), to New Zealand. You will walk the beach where they filmed The Piano , something she's always wanted to do, and now, in penitent desperation, you give it to her. She is immensely sad on that beach and she walks up and down the shining sand alone, bare feet in the freezing water, and when you try to hug her she says, Don't . She stares at the rocks jutting out of the water, the wind taking her hair straight back. On the ride back to the hotel, up through those wild steeps, you pick up a pair of hitchhikers, a couple, so mixed it's ridiculous, and so giddy with love that you almost throw them out the car. She says nothing. Later, in the hotel, she will cry.<br>You try every trick in the book to keep her. You write her letters. You drive her to work. You quote Neruda. You compose a mass e-mail disowning all your sucias. You block their e-mails. You change your phone number. You stop drinking. You stop smoking. You claim you're a sex addict and start attending meetings. You blame your father. You blame your mother. You blame the patriarchy. You blame Santo Domingo. You find a therapist. You cancel your Facebook. You give her the passwords to all your e mail accounts. You start taking salsa classes like you always swore you would so that the two of you could dance together. You claim that you were sick, you claim that you were weak- It was the book! It was the pressure!- and every hour like clockwork you say that you're so so sorry
Meistverkauft in Weltliteratur & Klassiker
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 21,09
- EUR 9,97Preistendenz: EUR 18,13
- EUR 12,34Preistendenz: EUR 13,48
- EUR 10,44Preistendenz: EUR 17,07
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.