Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 8,00Preistendenz: EUR 8,56
- EUR 19,94Preistendenz: EUR 24,00
- EUR 14,42Preistendenz: EUR 22,40
- EUR 22,49Preistendenz: EUR 25,93
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>HIV and AIDS levels remain particularly high in sub-Saharan Africa where Zambia is located. However,unlike in some countries,HIV in Zambia does not primarily affect the most underpriviledged;infection rates are very high among wealthier people and the better educated.This scenario calls for the incorporation of some cultural practices in the fight against the pandemic. This book explores the teachings of a cultural practice called Sikenge. The author gives an in-depth description of this rite and indicates how modernity has greatly infuenced its performance. Traditional aspects of the rite have either been modified or altogethr dropped;but may still survive because they remain of value.Seclusion periods that characterise the rite are meant for socialising and scripting initiates into norms of abstinence before marriage,faithfulness in marriage and many others; lessons that can potentially reduce new HIV infections. The book reveals that risks associated with the rite are far outweighed by the derived benefits making it a must read book for all those interested in reducing HIV prevalence levels in Zambia. A must read also for all those carrying out research on women and gender</p>
- AutorMushaukwa Mubuka Matale
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten136 Seiten
- Gewicht219 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.