Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 42,94Preistendenz: EUR 49,98
- EUR 67,94Preistendenz: EUR 74,71
- EUR 21,57Preistendenz: EUR 25,78
- EUR 29,74Preistendenz: EUR 32,40
- EUR 17,70Preistendenz: EUR 21,99
- EUR 4,79Preistendenz: EUR 6,06
- EUR 8,68Preistendenz: EUR 13,75
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe Story of Lucy Gault - a beautiful, haunting novel by acclaimed writer William Trevor<br>'Astonishing, tender. A perfect novel' Sunday Telegraph<br>Shortlisted for the 2002 Booker Prize<br>'A masterwork. I doubt that I have read a book as moving in at least a decade. A homage to the redemptive power of love' Independent<br>Summer, 1921. Eight-year-old Lucy Gault clings to the glens and woods above Lahardane - the home her family is being forced to abandon. She knows the Gaults are no longer welcome in Ireland and that danger threatens. Lucy, however, is headstrong and decides that somehow she must force her parents into staying. But the path she chooses ends in disaster. One chance event, unwanted and unexpected, will blight the lives of the Gaults for years to come and bind each of them in different ways to this one moment in time, to this wild stretch of coast . . .<br>'Flawless. Guaranteed to keep you reading - all through the night if necessary - to find out what happens. Trevor's best novel' New Statesman<br>'Dark, elegantly written ... a book to relish' Independent on Sunday<br>Readers of Love and Summer and Felicia's Journey will adore The Story of Lucy Gault . It will also be cherished by readers of Colm Toibin and William Boyd.<br>William Trevor was born in Mitchelstown, County Cork. He has written eighteen novels and novellas, and hundreds of short stories, for which he has won a number of prizes including the Hawthornden Prize, the Yorkshire Post Book of the Year Award, the Whitbread Book of the Year Award and the David Cohen Literature Prize in recognition of a lifetime's literary achievement. In 2002 he was knighted for his services to literature. His books in Penguin are: After Rain; A Bit on the Side; Bodily Secrets; Cheating at Canasta; The Children of Dynmouth; The Collected Stories (Volumes One and Two); Death in Summer; Felicia's Journey; Fools of Fortune; The Hill Bachelors; Love and Summer; The Mark-2 Wife; Selected Stories; The Story of Lucy Gault and Two Lives .
- AutorWilliam Trevor
- VerlagPenguin Books Ltd
- Seiten240 Seiten
- Gewicht176 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.