Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungDiscover The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet for iPad.<br>A brilliant, boundary-leaping debut novel tracing twelve-year-old genius map maker T.S. Spivet's attempts to understand the ways of the world<br>When twelve-year-old genius cartographer T.S. Spivet receives an unexpected phone call from the Smithsonian announcing he has won the prestigious Baird Award, life as normal-if you consider mapping family dinner table conversation normal-is interrupted and a wild cross-country adventure begins, taking T.S. from his family ranch just north of Divide, Montana, to the museum's hallowed halls.<br>T.S. sets out alone, leaving before dawn with a plan to hop a freight train and hobo east. Once aboard, his adventures step into high gear and he meticulously maps, charts, and illustrates his exploits, documenting mythical wormholes in the Midwest, the urban phenomenon of "rims," and the pleasures of McDonald's, among other things. We come to see the world through T.S.'s eyes and in his thorough investigation of the outside world he also reveals himself.<br>As he travels away from the ranch and his family we learn how the journey also brings him closer to home. A secret family history found within his luggage tells the story of T.S.'s ancestors and their long-ago passage west, offering profound insight into the family he left behind and his role within it. As T.S. reads he discovers the sometimes shadowy boundary between fact and fiction and realizes that, for all his analytical rigor, the world around him is a mystery.<br>All that he has learned is tested when he arrives at the capital to claim his prize and is welcomed into science's inner circle. For all its shine, fame seems more highly valued than ideas in this new world and friends are hard to find.<br>T.S.'s trip begins at the Copper Top Ranch and the last known place he stands is Washington, D.C., but his journey's movement is far harder to track: How do you map the delicate lessons learned about family and self? How do you depict how it feels to first venture out on your own? Is there a definitive way to communicate the ebbs and tides of heartbreak, loss, loneliness, love? These are the questions that strike at the core of this very special debut.<br>Now a major motion picture directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and starring Kyle Catlett and Helena Bonham Carter. <br>From the Hardcover edition.
- AutorReif Larsen
- VerlagPenguin LCC US
- Seiten400 Seiten
- Gewicht392 g
Meistverkauft in Weltliteratur & Klassiker
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,20
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,19
- EUR 15,50Preistendenz: EUR 15,98
- EUR 12,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,14
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.