Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 10,26Preistendenz: EUR 13,13
- EUR 26,90Preistendenz: EUR 29,32
- EUR 7,20Preistendenz: EUR 13,26
- EUR 5,54Preistendenz: EUR 10,52
- EUR 5,84Preistendenz: EUR 11,65
- EUR 10,18Preistendenz: EUR 10,75
- EUR 15,05Preistendenz: EUR 18,26
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungArguably, January 7, 1979 has been the most controversial date in Cambodian history for Cambodian politicians and civilians alike. To some, the date signifies the liberation of Cambodian people from the genocidal Khmer Rouge regime which had killed approximately 2 million people between 1975 and 1979. To others, however, the date marks the invasion of Vietnamese army into Cambodia, after which the country was to be under Vietnamese occupation for a whole decade before their final withdrawal in September 1989. This book joins this debate, but it does so by going beyond the simplified political rhetoric of "liberation" vs. "invasion," and exploring the complexities of Cambodian society under the Vietnamese-backed People's Republic of Kampuchea (PRK). Chapter 1 of the book deals with the historiography of the PRK. Chapter 2 looks at the re-emergence of urban life, market economy, as well as social and political rights under the PRK. Chapter 3 examines the people's lives in the rural areas, collectivization efforts by the PRK, military and labor conscription, and their impacts on Cambodian society during the 1980s, as well as their legacy for contemporary Cambodia.
- AutorSok Udom Deth
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten152 Seiten
- Gewicht243 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.