Meistverkauft in Weltliteratur & Klassiker
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 17,94Preistendenz: EUR 19,97
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 21,21
- EUR 12,92Preistendenz: EUR 17,88
- EUR 13,09Preistendenz: EUR 13,93
- EUR 14,90Preistendenz: EUR 15,88
- EUR 15,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,06
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p><strong>The </strong><strong>second installment of Bernard Cornwell&8217;s <em>New York Times </em>bestselling series chronicling the epic saga of the making of England, &8220;like Game of Thrones, but real&8221; (<em>The Observer</em>, London)&8212;the basis for <em>The Last Kingdom</em>, the hit television series.</strong></p><p>This is the exciting&8212;yet little known&8212;story of the making of England in the 9th and 10th centuries, the years in which King Alfred the Great, his son and grandson defeated the Danish Vikings who had invaded and occupied three of England&8217;s four kingdoms.</p><p>At the end of <em>The Last Kingdom</em>, The Danes had been defeated at Cynuit, but the triumph of the English is not fated to last long. The Danish Vikings quickly invade and occupy three of England&8217;s four kingdoms&8212;and all that remains of the once proud country is a small piece of marshland, where Alfred and his family live with a few soldiers and retainers, including Uhtred, the dispossessed English nobleman who was raised by the Danes. Uhtred has always been a Dane at heart, and has always believed that given the chance, he would fight for the men who raised him and taught him the Viking ways. But when Iseult, a powerful sorceress, enters Uhtred&8217;s life, he is forced to consider feelings he&8217;s never confronted before&8212;and Uhtred discovers, in his moment of greatest peril, a new-found loyalty and love for his native country and ruler.</p>
- AutorBernard Cornwell
- SerieSaxon Tales (Paperback)
- Seiten384 Seiten
- Gewicht272 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.