Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p><p>Who<br>holds the power in financial markets? For many, the answer would probably be<br>the large investment banks, big asset managers, and hedge funds. These are the<br>organizations that are in the media's spotlight and whose leaders and employees<br>command outsized salaries and bonuses. They are the supposed leading edge of<br>global finance and their power seems almost absolute, even as questions abound<br>about their social and economic utility. But more and more asset owners are<br>confronting the status quo, the power to exact high fees and the focus on the<br>short term. The New Frontier Investors<br>chronicles the rise of this new group of long horizon asset owners that<br>includes some of the world's largest pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and<br>endowments. These asset owners are driving the business of asset management to<br>a new frontier by retaking responsibility of the end-to-end management of their<br>investment portfolios and by re-conceptualizing investment decision-making.</p><p>The<br>lessons illustrated in The New Frontier<br>Investors fly in the face of conventional wisdom, which has it that these<br>asset owners are at a disadvantage to the private sector fund managers and<br>other service providers. These asset owners are supposedly not able to attract<br>talent nor do they have the organizational capabilities to compete. That many are<br>located far from the markets in which they invest only exacerbates the problem.<br>But this is incorrect. This expanding group of asset owners is learning how to<br>make the most of their scale and long time horizons, finding new ways to<br>attract talent, to collaborate, and to build greater alignment with the users<br>of capital. They are not at a disadvantage. They are at an advantage.</p></p><p>The New Frontier<br>Investors<br>is essential reading for anyone wanting to see a change in global financial<br>markets and the professionalization of asset owners worldwide, from public<br>pension funds and sovereign wealth funds to foundations and endowments. It is<br>thus required reading for the senior executives and employees working in the<br>field of beneficiary institutional investment, as well as government officials<br>and others that have a stake in the design and governance of beneficiary<br>financial institutions and long-term capital. </p></p>
- AutorAdam D. Dixon,Ashby H. B. Monk,Jagdeep Singh Bachher
- Ausgabe1st ed. 2016
- VerlagPalgrave Macmillan
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten147 Seiten
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 49,00Preistendenz: EUR 51,43
- EUR 21,94Preistendenz: EUR 22,76
- EUR 42,72Preistendenz: EUR 75,01
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.