Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 7,15Preistendenz: EUR 7,98
- EUR 18,48Preistendenz: EUR 19,98
- EUR 15,61Preistendenz: EUR 17,05
- EUR 4,20Preistendenz: EUR 5,12
- EUR 7,39Preistendenz: EUR 7,84
- EUR 15,61Preistendenz: EUR 17,34
- EUR 7,77Preistendenz: EUR 9,91
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungFrom a renowned oncologist and pioneer in integrative medicine, a breakthrough in treating and preventing disease by altering our genetic blueprint What if the food we eat could target not only diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and cancer but the effects of aging? What if our diets could affect every aspect of our health by controlling the expression of our genes? While modern medicine largely focuses on treating symptoms with prescription drugs, Dr. Gaynor's revolutionary approach goes straight to the most fundamental level: our DNA. Although we cannot change the genes we are born with, we can change how they are expressed over the course of our lives through foods and supplements that prevent and reverse disease. The Gene Therapy Plan presents the science behind these ideas and provides easy-to-follow meal plans and recipes to help put them into practice. Empowering and informative, this meticulously researched book by the author of Nurture Nature, Nurture Health offers accessible prescriptions for freeing ourselves from what we thought was our genetic destiny.
- AutorMehmet C. Oz,Mitchell L. Gaynor
- VerlagPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten368 Seiten
- Gewicht596 g
- LeseprobePublished by the Penguin Group<br />Penguin Group (USA) LLC<br />375 Hudson Street<br />New York, New York 10014<br />USA Canada UK Ireland Australia New Zealand India South Africa China<br />penguin.com<br />A Penguin Random House Company<br />First published by Viking Penguin, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, 2015<br />Copyright © 2015 by Mitchell L. Gaynor<br />Penguin supports copyright. Copyright fuels creativity, encourages diverse voices, promotes free speech, and creates a vibrant culture. Thank you for buying an authorized edition of this book and for complying with copyright laws by not reproducing, scanning, or distributing any part of it in any form without permission. You are supporting writers and allowing Penguin to continue to publish books for every reader.<br />LIBRARY OF CONGRESS CATALOGING-IN-PUBLICATION DATA<br />Gaynor, Mitchell L., 1956-<br />The gene therapy plan : taking control of your genetic destiny with diet and lifestyle / Mitchell L. Gaynor, MD ; foreword by Mehmet C. Oz.<br />pages cm<br />Includes bibliographical references and index.<br />ISBN 978-1-101-61848-6<br />1. Genetic disorders-Diet therapy. 2. Nutrition-Genetic aspects. 3. Cooking for the sick. 4. Diet therapy. I. Title.<br />QP144.G45G39 2015<br />616'.042-dc23<br />2014038544<br />Neither the publisher nor the author is engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained in this book are not intended as a substitute for consulting with your physician. All matters regarding your health require medical supervision. Neither the author nor the publisher shall be liable or responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestion in this book.<br />The nutritional information in this book is not a substitute for professional medical care. Because everyone is different, a physician must diagnose and treat all health problems. All doses of supplements discussed in this book are for adults only. Always discuss your plan for supplemental nutrition with your physician before beginning any new regime.<br />The patients featured in this book have consented to the use of their clinical vignettes. To protect their privacy, their names have been changed.<br />Foreword<br />INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE IS progressively sweeping across the nation's medical schools, hospitals, and clinics. Academic and residency programs are helping to prepare young physicians to challenge the status quo by thinking beyond the borders of how we've been treating patients in Western society for seventy-five years. Integrative medicine is really about treating the entire patient
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.