Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe observation that domestic artefacts are often recovered during church excavations led to an archaeological re-assessment of forty-seven Early Byzantine basilical church excavations and their historical, gender and liturgical context. The excavations were restricted to the three most common basilical church plans to allow for like-for-like analysis between sites that share the same plan: monoapsidal, inscribed and triapsidal. These sites were later found to have two distinct sanctuary configurations, namely a &928;-shaped sanctuary in front of the apse, or else a sanctuary that extended across both side aisles that often formed a characteristic T-shaped layout. Further analysis indicated that &928;-shaped sanctuaries are found in two church plans: firstly a protruding monoapsidal plan that characteristically has a major entrance located to either side of the apse, which is also referred to as a &8216;Constantinopolitan&8217; church plan; and secondly in the inscribed plan, which is also referred to as a &8216;Syrian&8217; church plan. The T-shaped layout is characteristic of the triapsidal plan, but can also occur in a monoapsidal plan, and this is referred to as a &8216;Roman&8217; church plan. Detailed analysis of inscriptions and patterns of artefactual deposition also revealed the probable location of the diakonikon where the rite of prothesis took place.
- AutorBernard Mulholland
- VerlagLang, Peter
- Seiten229 Seiten
- Gewicht350 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 29,95Preistendenz: EUR 39,95
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 14,99
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 19,95
- EUR 2,00Preistendenz: EUR 2,30
- EUR 19,94Preistendenz: EUR 22,90
- EUR 143,05Preistendenz: EUR 207,12
- EUR 10,43Preistendenz: EUR 11,49
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.