Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe Bourne Identity meets Minority Report in this first highly anticipated installment in No.1 New York Times bestselling author Kim Harrison's sexy new suspense trilogy, featuring a brilliant special task agent at the top of her field and set in a futuristic Detroit.
- AutorKim Harrison
- SerieGallery Books
- VerlagSimon + Schuster
- Seiten432 Seiten
- Gewicht460 g
- LeseprobeThe Drafter CHAPTER<br>ONE<br>FIVE YEARS LATER<br>Peri Reed reclined in the plush leather chair across from the CEO's desk, her feet up on the coffee table, enjoying the adrenaline pooling as she waited in the dark for Jack to find what they had come for. His mood was bad, but that wasn't her fault. Bored, she helped herself to a foil-wrapped, imported chocolate from a nearby dish.<br>"Really, Peri?" Jack said at her mmm of appreciation.<br>"So hurry up." Licking her lips, she deftly folded the foil into a tiny hat, which she set jauntily on the statue of the naked woman holding the dish. "This guy knows his chocolate."<br>"I prepped for glass. Wave technology isn't even on the shelves yet," Jack complained, his tan face pale and distorted through the holographic monitor. The touch-screen projection hazed Jack's athletic shape and black Gucci suit, and Peri wondered whose ass the CEO of Global Genetics was kissing to get the new holographic touch-screen technology.<br>"My good heels are in the car. Waiting. Like me," she prompted, and he hunched, his jabbing fingers opening and closing files faster than a texting fourteen-year-old.<br>Impatient, Peri stood and ran a quick hand through her short black hair. Her mother would hate its length, insisting that a woman of quality kept long hair until she was forty, and only then allowed it to be cut shorter. Moving to the window, Peri smiled at her manicure in perverse satisfaction. Her mother would hate the color as well-which might be why Peri loved the vibrant maroon.<br>Shaking her hem down to cover her low-heeled boots, she exhaled her tension and focused on the hazy night. The black Diane von Furstenberg silk jumpsuit wasn't her favorite, even if it had been tailored to fit her precisely and was lined with silk to feel like ice against her skin when she moved. But add the pearls currently in the car with her heels, and it would get second and third glances at the upscale pool hall she'd picked out as a spot where she and Jack could decompress.<br>If we ever get out of here, she thought, sighing dramatically to make Jack's ears redden.<br>The projected monitor was the only spot of light in the office suite with its heavy furniture and pictures of past CEOs. Surrounding buildings were lit by security lights dimmed to save power. Low clouds threw back the midnight haze of Charlotte, North Carolina. This high up, the stink of money had washed away the stink of the streets. The corruption, Peri thought, stretching to run a finger over the lintel to intentionally leave a fingerprint, is harder to hide.<br>"One of these days, that's going to bite you on the ass," Jack said as she dropped back to her heels
Meistverkauft in Krimis & Thriller
Hier sparen: Krimis & Thriller
- EUR 9,90Preistendenz: EUR 10,01
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,10
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,23
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,51
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,27
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.