Meistverkauft in Botanik & Gartenbau
Hier sparen: Botanik & Gartenbau
- EUR 18,72Preistendenz: EUR 19,47
- EUR 14,98Preistendenz: EUR 18,00
- EUR 11,90Preistendenz: EUR 12,72
- EUR 78,00Preistendenz: EUR 83,00
- EUR 10,66Preistendenz: EUR 11,98
- EUR 39,50Preistendenz: EUR 40,02
- EUR 8,21Preistendenz: EUR 9,16
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis study examined the impact of early onset Type 1 diabetes on the development of the self and identity in 20 adults age 20 or older who were diagnosed at age five or younger. This study aimed to provide insight into the intrinsic effects of a chronic illness, as distinct from the adaptive process that occurs when a person is diagnosed later in life. The study employed a qualitative approach of descriptive research in which systematic descriptions of the data were provided. This study found that participants generally felt fortunate to have developed diabetes at a younger age, as they did not have to cope with the process of adjustment. Respondents mostly reported that the diabetes had become integrated into their sense of self. A number of character traits were thought to have developed such as: being cautious or disciplined; feeling greater appreciation of health; being proud of surviving so long; developing inner strength; and feeling greater appreciation for life. All of the participants expressed having felt some degree of difference when interacting with people who did not have the condition. Some respondents felt that their differences made them special.
- AutorJessica Bernstein
- Seiten292 Seiten
- Gewicht449 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.