Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungA haunting, contemporary love story from the New York Times bestselling author of Conversion-- now in paperback!<br>It's July in New York City, and aspiring filmmaker Wes Auckerman has just arrived to start his summer term at NYU. While shooting a séance at a psychic's in the East Village, he meets a mysterious, intoxicatingly beautiful girl named Annie.<br>As they start spending time together, Wes finds himself falling for her, drawn to her rose-petal lips and her entrancing glow. There's just something about her that he can't put his finger on, something faraway and otherworldly that compels him to fall even deeper. Annie's from the city, and yet she seems just as out of place as Wes feels. Lost in the chaos of the busy city streets, she's been searching for something-a missing ring. And now Annie is running out of time and needs Wes's help. As they search together, Annie and Wes uncover secrets lurking around every corner, secrets that will reveal the truth of Annie's dark past.
- AutorKatherine Howe
- VerlagPenguin LCC US
- Seiten416 Seiten
- Gewicht382 g
- LeseprobeChapter 1<br>I've been having trouble with time lately. But I must have been thinking about her even before Tyler said anything.<br>"Would you tell her to sit down?" Tyler hisses.<br>He's squinting through the eyepiece of the camera that we've signed out from the AV department supply closet. It's a 16 millimeter, so it's not like there was a waiting list or anything. I'm not even sure they'd notice if we forgot to bring it back. In fact, it's possible Tyler's not planning to bring it back. Pretty soon they're going to be collector's items. I wonder what one would go for on eBay? A lot, I bet.<br>"What?" I whisper back.<br>"Her. That girl. She's blocking the shot."<br>"What girl?" I crane my neck, looking, and the hair on my arms rises. At first I don't see who he means. It's too crowded, and I'm too far back in the corner.<br>" Her. Look."<br>Tyler gestures for me to come look with an impatient crook of his finger.<br>The room we're in is not much bigger than my bedroom back home, and crossing it without accidentally groping somebody is going to be tough. It's packed with, like, twenty people, all milling around and turning off their cell phones and moving folding chairs to get close to the table in the center. Red velvet curtains cover the walls. It should be bright, because the picture window faces the Bowery, but the window has a velvet curtain, too. Even the glass door to the town house's stairwell is taped over with black construction paper. There's a cash register on a counter off to the side, one of those antique ones that rings when the drawer opens. And there's a door to nowhere behind the cash register, behind a plastic potted plant. That's where Tyler's set up the tripod.<br>The only light in the room comes from candles, making everything hazy. A few candles drip from sconces on the wall, too. Other than that, and a cheap Oriental carpet latticed with moth holes, there's not much going on.<br>I don't know what Tyler thinks is going to happen. We're each supposed to make our own short film to screen in summer school workshop, and Tyler's determined to produce some masterpiece of filmic experimentation that will explode narrative convention and reframe visual media for a new generation. Or else he just thinks using Jurassic format will get him an easy A, I don't know.<br>I pull the headphones off my ears and nest the boom mike against the wall behind where I'm standing, in the corner farthest from the door. I'm worried something's going to happen to the equipment and Tyler will find a way to make me pay for it, which I cannot under any circumstances afford. I'm disentangling myself from headphone cords and everything and accidentally bump the back of some woman's head with my elbow
Meistverkauft in Erstes Lesen
Hier sparen: Erstes Lesen
- EUR 7,95Preistendenz: EUR 11,74
- EUR 17,09Preistendenz: EUR 23,68
- EUR 8,94Preistendenz: EUR 9,51
- EUR 8,68Preistendenz: EUR 9,49
- EUR 10,94Preistendenz: EUR 12,06
- EUR 8,04Preistendenz: EUR 8,54
- EUR 28,89Preistendenz: EUR 32,00
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.