Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 32,99Preistendenz: EUR 38,13
- EUR 68,94Preistendenz: EUR 79,53
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 52,18
- EUR 27,29Preistendenz: EUR 28,94
- EUR 18,31Preistendenz: EUR 19,99
- EUR 25,79Preistendenz: EUR 30,12
- EUR 27,49Preistendenz: EUR 32,16
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungTHE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER<br>With a Foreword by Beyonce, and an Introduction by Dr. Dean Ornish <br>A groundbreaking vegan program designed to transform your mental, emotional, and physical health in just 22 days.<br>Founded on the principle that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, The 22-Day Revolution is a plant-based diet designed to create lifelong habits that will empower you to live a healthier lifestyle, to lose weight, or to reverse serious health concerns. The benefits of a vegan diet cannot be overstated, as it has been proven to help prevent cancer, lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, decrease blood pressure, and even reverse diabetes.<br>As one of today's most sought-after health experts, exercise physiologist Marco Borges has spent years helping his exclusive list of high-profile clients permanently change their lives and bodies through his innovative methods. Celebrities from Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Jennifer Lopez, and Pharrell Williams, to Gloria Estefan, and Shakira have all turned to him for his expertise. Beyonce is such an avid supporter that she's partnered with Borges to launch 22 Days Nutrition, his plant-based home delivery meal service.<br>Now, for the first time, Borges unveils his coveted and revolutionary manifesto, featuring the comprehensive fundamentals of starting a plant-based diet. Inside, you'll find motivating strategies, benefits and tips for staying the course, delicious recipes, and a detailed 22-day meal plan. With this program, you will lead a healthier, more energetic, and more productive life-helping you to live the life you want, not just the one you have.
- AutorMarco Borges
- VerlagPenguin Books Ltd
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten304 Seiten
- Gewicht522 g
- LeseprobeFOREWORD<br>by BEYONCÉ<br>I WAS BORN AND RAISED in Houston, and if there's one thing we love in Texas, it's good food. Food has always been at the heart of my family, and it played a big role in my upbringing. We celebrated, bonded, commiserated, and loved one another through food-and not necessarily the healthy kind. Our hometown favorites were fried chicken, fajita tacos, BBQ burgers, BBQ ribs, fried shrimp, and po'boy sandwiches. Growing up, I was always on the move and didn't always make the right choices when it came to food and may have even developed some habits around it that were silently sabotaging my health as I grew older.<br>After having my daughter, I made a conscious effort to regain control of my health and my body. But I didn't want to do a crash diet. I was a mom now. I needed to change my ways and set an example for my child. So I turned to no one other than my good friend and fitness and nutrition confidant, Marco Borges. I've worked with him for years to keep me on-track, motivated, and ahead of the health game. Yet, as much as I follow and trust his advice, when I would hear him talk about the amazing benefits of a plant-based lifestyle, I would think, that sounds amazing. I would love to experience those benefits, and while I can incorporate those good foods into my life, I knew I could never eat that way. I love food too much. Something needed to happen for me to come around. I needed to be ready.<br>A year later (around November 2013), my husband and I decided we wanted to try a completely plant-based diet with Marco. I had lost my pregnancy weight with his help, through an exercise-and-nutrition program, and was ready for another challenge. I decided I wanted to take a more proactive role in my health, and knowing all the amazing benefits, I knew this was the one. I was ready.<br>And so the journey began that helped me get into the best shape of my life. Little did I know the long-lasting effects it would have. I thought, like with most diets, I would feel deprived and hate food, that I would miss out on restaurants and celebrations, that I would get headaches and be irritable, etc. I was wrong about all of that. It took a few days to adjust, but what I discovered was increased energy, better sleep, weight loss, improved digestion, clarity, and an incredibly positive feeling for my actions and the effects it would have on those around me and the environment. I couldn't believe how much of our health we can control with food. And that I could still love food but this time it would love me back (like the walnut tacos you'll find in here, oh my!!). We even celebrated my husband's birthday with an all-vegan party. I can still see the reaction on our friend's faces
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.