Meistverkauft in CDs
Hier sparen: CDs
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 16,54
- EUR 7,99Preistendenz: EUR 14,82
- EUR 6,90Preistendenz: EUR 11,72
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 16,89
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungIn 2008, average, ordinary family guy Dave Bruno decided to winnow down everything he owned to merely 100 things and to unhook himself from the intravenous drip of consumerism that seemed to be fueling his life. Media around the world started taking immediate notice of Dave and the grass-roots movement he was starting.The culture of consumerism has created a rabble of Americans rushing to acquire ever more stuff, but without realizing any gain in life satisfaction. Were exhausted, stressed out, in debt up to our ears, isolated, all while standing atop our big piles of stuff. In our heart of hearts, most of us just want to get away from it all, to get off the insane treadmill of consumerism that we know is killing us.THE 100 THING CHALLENGE is like a loud shout over the racket of this chaotic mob. It is meant to be a cause for pause. Dave Bruno offers compelling anecdotes and practical advice readers can use to resist consumerism and live a more meaningful life. Each chapter introduces a theme and presents a conflict between that theme and the culture of consumerism. Then Bruno reflects on that theme using the insight gained by his year of living with just 100 personal possessions. In addition to his own experience, Dave collects and shares the thoughts and experiences of others who are fighting consumerism in their lives. Each chapter concludes by describing in practical terms how an average person can resist consumerism in order to engage the theme in more spiritually and socially meaningful ways. THE 100 THING CHALLENGE provides an opportunity for readers to consider how positive life changes can occur when an individual chooses to defiantly hop off the treadmill of consumerism and start living a saner and more satisfying life.
- AutorDave Bruno
- Seiten224 Seiten
- Gewicht174 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.