Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>Scholarly Research paper from the year 2014 in the subject Pedagogy - Common Didactics, Educational Objectives, Methods, , language: English, abstract: Childhood play is a critical component that contributes to the language competences of children. Developmental theory highlights the importance of social interactions during caregiver-child play in fostering language acquisition of children (Vygotsky, 1978). The inclusions of conventional toys, such as blocks and puzzles, have been accredited to promoting language development in children by encouraging the use of scaffolding techniques by the caregiver (Wood, Bruner, & Ross, 1976). However, as society places more emphasis on technology in all aspects of life, the incorporation of technological toys as a learning medium remains inconclusive. The purpose of this study was to investigate the use of the VINCI tablet on language acquisition of children in order to assess (1) whether there are differences in caregiver speech when either a traditional or technological toy is used during play and (2) what aspects of caregiver speech vary. We found that the use of the VINCI tablet resulted in higher Preschool Learning Scales Fifth Edition (PLS-5) post-test scores in comparison to the use of traditional toys. Furthermore caregivers provided significantly more affirmations when a technological toy was incorporated during play compared to a traditional toy, and that the use of directive speech was associated with lower PLS-5 post-test scores. The findings propose that technological toys provide the affordance of immediate feedback that is absent in traditional toys, and this affordance may account for better learning outcomes via reinforcement. Implications for early childhood education are discussed.</p>
- AutorIrma Shaboian
- Seiten32 Seiten
- Gewicht60 g
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 10,98Preistendenz: EUR 12,07
- EUR 12,52Preistendenz: EUR 12,74
- EUR 39,95Preistendenz: EUR 49,28
- EUR 26,95Preistendenz: EUR 30,87
- EUR 22,75Preistendenz: EUR 25,79
- EUR 24,00Preistendenz: EUR 28,06
- EUR 26,95Preistendenz: EUR 39,79
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.