Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 16,36Preistendenz: EUR 17,99
- EUR 14,09Preistendenz: EUR 15,77
- EUR 55,55Preistendenz: EUR 58,53
- EUR 66,48Preistendenz: EUR 72,51
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis bochure of the 'Tour 3' of the Berlin Underworlds Association follows the traces of the Cold War in the underground. In West Berlin civil defence shelters were reactivated or newly built in preparation for a possible nuclear war. Particularly after the building of the Berlin Wall, the West German government and the West Berlin senate invested millions in these projects. Some of these were built as &8216;multi-purpose structures&8217; and are currently used as underground stations, parking garages and storage facilities. By explaining the practical preparations made to help people survive, this tour attempts to make the realities and horrors of such conflict easy to comprehend. The civil defence shelter &8220;Blochplatz&8221; is an air raid shelter from WWII that was renovated in the early 1980s. In an emergency 1,318 people were to shelter here for up to 48 hours. Here, with the help of various objects and photos, we will deal with some related themes. After a short ride via the U-Bahn to Pankstrasse station, you find a glimpse into the workings of a 'modern' bunker, which was intended to protect the citizens of West Berlin in case of a full-blown nuclear war. This 'multi-purpose' facility, built from 1973 to 1977 along with the northbound extension of the U8 Underground line, serves not only as an U-Bahn stop for commuters &8211; in an emergency it could have sheltered 3,339 people for up to two weeks. Here, we try to give you an idea what it could have been like, had World War Three broken out.
- AutorHenry Gidom,Robin D. Williams
- HerausgaberBerliner Unterwelten e.V.
- VerlagBerliner Unterwelten
- Seiten48 Seiten
- Gewicht113 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.