Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 21,94Preistendenz: EUR 24,87
- EUR 4,79Preistendenz: EUR 6,17
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 14,24
- EUR 7,40Preistendenz: EUR 10,55
- EUR 9,90Preistendenz: EUR 11,22
- EUR 7,95Preistendenz: EUR 11,51
- EUR 7,87Preistendenz: EUR 13,30
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>In recent years, a large number of works on Rabindranath Tagore have been published. Environmental history, on the other hand, has also become a very flourishing area of research.But Scarcely we find any work linking these two. This work attempts to fill in this lacuna by highlighting the historical significance of Tagore's environmental ideas and activism.Tagore, by his thoughts and actions, contributed to the first wave of environmentalism in his own unique way.It is explored how his environmentalism was shaped by his experiences of boyhood in the colonial city of Calcutta, in rural Bengal,by his awareness of the adverse environmental impact of western industrialism and imperialism, and how he became engaged in restoring the solidarity between human beings and our planet.His ideas and activities are also compared and contrasted with his contemporaries like M. K. Gandhi and Patrick Geddes.This book would be especially useful to students,teachers,historians, researchers, social scientists, philosophers,as well as environmental activists. </p>
- AutorSujata Mukherjee
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten156 Seiten
- Gewicht249 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.