Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 4,11Preistendenz: EUR 5,15
- EUR 7,39Preistendenz: EUR 7,87
- EUR 15,61Preistendenz: EUR 17,32
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung"The alpha author of paranormal romance" ( Booklist ) draws us back into her extraordinary Psy-Changeling world, a world torn between violence and peace, passion and ice... <br>Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he's done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch - if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life.<br>For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake...<br>Having rebuilt her life after medical "treatment" that violated her mind and sought to suffocate her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now, she'll fight for her people, and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield, yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy's fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness ....
- AutorNalini Singh
- SeriePsy/Changeling Novels (Paperba
- VerlagBerkley Books
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten431 Seiten
- Gewicht664 g
- LeseprobeThis excerpt is from an advance uncorrected proof <br />Copyright © 2014 by Nalini Singh<br />There was nothing left of the man he'd been.<br>Vasic stared through the glass wall in front of him as the computronic gauntlet biologically fused to his left forearm hummed near silently in the diagnostic mode he'd initiated. Sleek black, the new invention remained relatively unstable, despite the constant and ongoing refinement by the medics and techs, but Vasic wasn't concerned about his life.<br>He hadn't been concerned about anything for a long time. At first it had been his conditioning under Silence that kept him cold, his emotions on ice. Now, as the world navigated the first days of a new year, he was beyond Silence and into a numbness so vast, it was an endless grayness.<br>The only reason he kept waking up in the morning was for the others, the ones in the squad who still had some hope of a normal life. It was far too late for him, his hands permanently stained with blood from the countless lives he'd taken in pursuit of a mandate that had proven false in a very ugly way.<br>"What is it?" he said to the man clad in a black combat uniform who'd just entered the common area of Arrow Central Command. None of them were sociable, yet they maintained this space, having learned through bitter experience that even an Arrow couldn't always walk alone.<br>Today the room was empty except for the two of them.<br>"Krychek has a theory." Aden came to stand beside Vasic, his dark eyes on the vista beyond the glass. It wasn't of the outside world - the Arrows were creatures of shadow, and so they lived in the shadows, their headquarters buried deep underground in a location inaccessible to anyone who didn't know the correct routes and codes.<br>Even a teleporter needed a visual lock, and there were no images of Arrow Central Command anywhere in the world, not in any database, not on the PsyNet, nowhere. Which made it all the more notable that Kaleb Krychek had demonstrated the ability to 'port into the HQ when the squad first contacted him. However, despite the subterranean nature of the squad's base of operations, on the other side of the glass lay a sprawling green space full of trees, ferns, even a natural-seeming pool, the area bathed in simulated sunlight that would change to moonlight as the day turned.<br>It had been difficult to acquire that technology without tipping their hand - the SnowDancer wolves were very proprietary of their tech, usually installed it themselves. But the squad had managed, because that light was as necessary to their sanity and their physical health as the captured piece of the outside world on which it shone.<br>"Krychek's theory - it's about the disease in the Net," Vasic guessed, aware that the broken remnants of fanatical Pure Psy and the sporadic new outbreaks of violence notwithstanding, that was the most dangerous threat facing their race.<br>"You've seen the reports."<br>"Yes." The disease, the infection, was spreading at a phenomenal pace no one could've predicted. Rooted in the psychic fabric that connected every Psy on the planet but for the renegades, it had the potential to devastate their race . . . because to be Psy was to need the biofeedback provided by a psychic network. Now that same link could well be pumping poison directly into their brains.<br>There were some who whispered that the fall of Silence a month prior was behind the acceleration, but Vasic didn't believe that to be the
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.