Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe genetics of schizophrenia have taken the driver seat in the research - lated to this disorder in recent years. For a long time, it had been known that sharing genes with someone affected with schizophrenia conferred a 50% chance of acquiring the disease. Although this is fifty times the incidence in the normal population, it was evident that genes could not explain all factors involved. At best, one could think of a combination of gene traits conferring predisposition for the disease. Now, it is evident that although there are no genes that individually confer a strong liability, several candidate gene alleles do confer some risk, and perhaps a combination of genes could cause the emergence of symptoms in this multi-faceted psychiatric condition. As the research on predisposing genes soars, it is becoming clear that we need to be able to identify cellular processes the genes control and to provide pat- physiological scenarios that could link those cellular phenomena with sy- toms. In this book, we have chosen to elaborate on that link. The contributions to this book have been requested to reflect the current state of the connection between schizophrenia genetics and pathophysiology. The book opens with a chapter by Paul Harrison highlighting the several convergence points among the diverse schizophrenia-related genes.
- AutorPatricio O'Donnell
- HerausgaberPatricio O'Donnell,Patricio ODonnell
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten239 Seiten
- Gewicht549 g
Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 69,99Preistendenz: EUR 70,73
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,79
- EUR 34,99Preistendenz: EUR 36,11
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 17,75
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.