Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungCultural studies constitutes one of the most multi-perspectival research fields. Amidst a polyvocal theoretical landscape that spans different disciplines semiotics is of foundational value. In an attempt to effectively address the conceptual richness of the semiotic discipline, a wide roster of perspectives is evoked in this book against the background of a diverse set of cultural phenomena, including structuralist and post-structuralist semiotics, semiotically informed psychoanalysis, cultural semiotics, film semiotics, sociosemiotics, but also, to a lesser extent, music semiotics and more niche, but certainly promising perspectives, such as postmodern semiotics, ethnosemiotics, phenomenological semiotics and rhetorical semiotics. The recruitment of semiotic frameworks and concepts is enacted against the background of advances in cultural studies (thus reinstating the dialogue with a discipline that took form by drawing on semiotics in the first place) and the various research streams that have become consolidated within the wider cultural studies territory, such as memory studies, celebrity studies, death studies, cultural geography, visual studies. At the same time, the offered readings engage dialogically with Consumer Culture Theory.<br>George Rossolatos is an academic researcher and marketing practitioner, with experience in advertising (JWT), marketing research (Research International/Millward Brown) and brand management (Colgate-Palmolive, Nestle, Weetabix, Cosmote). He holds a BA (Hons) in Philosophy from the University of Essex, an MSc in Marketing from Manchester Business School and an MBA from Strathclyde Business School and a PhD in Marketing Semiotics from the University of Kassel. He is also the editor of the International Journal of Marketing Semiotics . Major publications include Semiotics of Popular Culture (2015), Interactive Advertising: Dynamic Communication in the Information Era (2002), Brand Equity Planning with Structuralist Rhetorical Semiotics (2012, 2014), Applying Structuralist Semiotics to Brand Image Research (2012), //rhetor.dixit//: Understanding ad texts' rhetorical structure for differential figurative advantage (2013), plus numerous articles in trade and academic journals. His research interests rest with cultural studies and with effecting inter-disciplinary cross-fertilizations between marketing, rhetoric and semiotics, also informed by disciplines such as phenomenology, deconstruction, psychoanalysis, anthropology, communication theory.
- AutorGeorge Rossolatos
- VerlagKassel University Press
- Seiten181 Seiten
- Gewicht300 g
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 27,99Preistendenz: EUR 30,10
- EUR 26,40Preistendenz: EUR 31,98
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 22,18
- EUR 22,75Preistendenz: EUR 26,11
- EUR 26,95Preistendenz: EUR 40,28
- EUR 29,94Preistendenz: EUR 35,49
- EUR 34,89Preistendenz: EUR 50,22
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.