Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Geschichte & Militär
Hier sparen: Geschichte & Militär
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,20
- EUR 16,70Preistendenz: EUR 18,38
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungHigh Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! The British Second Army existed in both the First and Second World Wars. The Second Army was part of the British Army during World War I, it was formed on 26 December 1914 when the British Expeditionary Force was split in two due to becoming too big to control its subordinate formations. The British III Corps and the British IV Corps were assigned to Second Army. The army was originally commanded by General Horace Smith-Dorrien and later by General Herbert Plumer. It spent most of the war around the Ypres salient but was moved to Italy between November 1917 and March 1918. The British Army during World War II formation was commanded by Lieutenant-General Sir Miles Dempsey and served under the 21st Army Group. Two of its formations, I Corps and XXX Corps took part in the D-Day landings of Operation Overlord. The initial penetration on D-Day was not as good as hoped, and this pattern was repeated during the rest of the Normandy campaign.
- AutorLambert M. Surhone,Miriam T. Timpledon,Susan F. Marseken
- HerausgaberLambert M. Surhone,Miriam T. Timpledon,Susan F. Marseken
- VerlagBetascript Publishing
- Seiten124 Seiten
- Gewicht201 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.