Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 16,71Preistendenz: EUR 17,97
- EUR 11,32Preistendenz: EUR 11,89
- EUR 20,39Preistendenz: EUR 20,77
- EUR 19,30Preistendenz: EUR 19,61
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 19,40
- EUR 14,44Preistendenz: EUR 15,20
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>Considered one of the masterpieces of world literature, <em>The Big Red Book</em> is perhaps the greatest work of Rumi, the medieval Sufi mystic who also happens to be the bestselling poet in America.</p><p>Rumi was born in 1207 to a long line of Islamic theologians and lawyers on the eastern edge of the Persian Empire in what is now Afghanistan. In order to escape the invading Mongol armies of Genghis Khan, his family moved west to a town now found in Turkey, where he eventually became the leader of a school of whirling dervishes. It was a fateful day in 1244 when he met Shams Tabriz, a wild mystic with rare gifts and insight. The renowned scholar Rumi had found a soul mate and friend who would become his spiritual mentor and literary muse. "What I had thought of before as God," Rumi said, "I met today in a human being."</p><p>Out of their friendship, Rumi wrote thousands of lyric poems and short quatrains in honor of his friend Shams Tabriz. They are poems of divine epiphany, spiritual awakening, friendship, and love. For centuries, Rumi's collection of these verses has traditionally been bound in a red cover, hence the title of this inspired classic of spiritual literature.</p>
- AutorColeman Barks
- Seiten512 Seiten
- Gewicht586 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.