Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 199,00Preistendenz: EUR 201,22
- EUR 69,99Preistendenz: EUR 72,06
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,48
- EUR 29,95Preistendenz: EUR 30,28
- EUR 26,90Preistendenz: EUR 27,20
- EUR 22,90Preistendenz: EUR 23,16
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 18,09
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungRectal cancer is an exceptional tumour entity within the variety of gastrointestinal tumours. While clinical techniques such as rectal digital examination and endoscopy would enable diagnosis as early as the stage of polypoid preneoplasia, only 10% of rectal cancer patients undergo surgery at an early stage of the disease. The prognosis of rectal cancer without infiltration of the muscu laris is relatively good. However, with locally more advanced tu mours, possibly associated with lymphnode metastases, the prob ability of successful treatment decreases considerably. Further more, there is a clear prognostic discrepancy between proximal and distal rectal cancers. Rectal carcinomas, especially in the dis tal location, except those diagnosed at an early stage, usually re quire surgical treatment with postoperatively disturbed or lost anal sphincter function. A permanent colostomy may not be avoidable. The current trends and developments in diagnosis and therapy of rectal cancers may be described as follows: The search for new diagnostic procedures and the attempt to define risk groups for which intensive preventive measures would be clearly successful. New insights may come from mod ern molecular biology or molecular genetics, especially with re gard to hereditary colorectal carcinoma. A further increase in the rate of sphincter-preserving surgery without impairment of local tumour control or overall prog nosis. New surgical techniques such as trans sphincteric resec tion, but also various multimodal local treatment regimens, especially for low-risk tumours, are promising approaches.
- HerausgaberPeter M. Schlag
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998.
- Seiten221 Seiten
- Gewicht363 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.