Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungWhat is real? What is human? These two core topics of Philip K. Dick's permeate his work. This book asks why they were so important to him and digs further into his deeper subthemes such as: illusions, hallucinations, paranoia and schizophrenia. They are core elements of Dick's novels and short stories, often coupled with the use of drugs of all sorts. Dick tries to find out how real reality is and whether our concept of reality may be just an illusion. He contrasts the warmongering and the arms race of his day with values like humaneness, compassion and community. He asks what it ts that makes us human by heralding a looming conflict with androids who eventually threaten to supplant us. Dick's influences and views are also discussed in this book, such as Zoroastrianism, Gnosticism, presocratic philosophy, quantum physics, General Semantics and Constructivism. Despite of his unconventional genre of Science Fiction I think that Dick can be seen as a postmodernist writer who compares favorably with even Barth or Pynchon. His themes are timeless, topical, political, ethical, religious and show philosophical and literary depth.
- AutorPaul R. Jarosch
- Seiten84 Seiten
- Gewicht142 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,95
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,60
- EUR 39,00Preistendenz: EUR 39,40
- EUR 17,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,15
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,10
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 14,96
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,20
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.