Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 10,80Preistendenz: EUR 11,48
- EUR 55,55Preistendenz: EUR 58,89
- EUR 66,48Preistendenz: EUR 72,95
- EUR 9,54Preistendenz: EUR 11,99
- EUR 61,95Preistendenz: EUR 69,89
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungWritten one thousand years ago, The Tale of Genji is a masterpiece of Japanese literature, often regarded as its best prose fiction. Read, commented on, and reimagined by poets, scholars, dramatists, artists, and novelists, the tale has left a legacy as rich and reflective as the work itself. The most comprehensive record of The Tale of Genji's reception to date, this sourcebook presents a range of landmark texts relating to the work during its first millennium, almost all of which are translated into English for the first time. An introduction prefaces each set of documents, situating them within the tradition of Japanese literature and cultural history. These texts provide a fascinating glimpse into Japanese views of literature, poetry, imperial politics, and the place of art and women in society. Selections include a recorded conversation among court ladies gossiping about their favorite Genji characters and scenes; learned exegetical commentary; a vigorous debate over Genji's moral concerns; and an impassioned defense of Genji's ability to enhance Japan's standing among the twentieth century's community of nations. Taken together, these documents reflect Japan's fraught history with vernacular texts, particularly those written by women.
- AutorThomas Harper
- VerlagUniversity Press Group Ltd
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten632 Seiten
- Gewicht975 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.