Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe intent of this chapter is to outline a distinctive way of thinking about issues of technology and society that has characterized many Nordic approaches to the topic. One of the characteristics of this approach has been the recognition of the worth of human labour. Technology is not seen as an alien force, but something which is itself a product of human labour, and it can be designed and utilized in ways which augment human skills and expertise, rather than degrading them. What is particularly striking, at least to this author, in this approach is that we are presented not simply with a vision of how things could be better in our society, but with concrete exemplars of how we can build such a better world. It is in recognition of this fact that I have chosen the title of this chapter, as it emphasizes that, while the tradition of Utopian literature is the - lineation of a supposedly idea world which exists no-place (u-topos, in Greek), these visions can be an inspiration for quite practical activities on the ground, as steps towards their realization. As Wilde notes (in the quote above) this is a never-ending quest, as with each achievement, we recognize that there are further bridges to cross and places to be visited.
- HerausgaberJonas Löwgren,Lone Malmborg,Thomas Binder
- SerieHuman-Computer Interaction Series
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten371 Seiten
- Gewicht736 g
Meistverkauft in Informatik
Hier sparen: Informatik
- EUR 39,90Preistendenz: EUR 40,34
- EUR 24,90Preistendenz: EUR 25,84
- EUR 39,90Preistendenz: EUR 41,95
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 30,38
- EUR 24,95Preistendenz: EUR 25,62
- EUR 24,95Preistendenz: EUR 25,25
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,20
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.