Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungChess normally is a game for two people. The matches can be played in a tournament, a coffee house or at home in a cosy, quiet corner. But problem chess is a matter of only one. Sometimes the positions arise from a regular match, but mostly chess problems are artificially composed arrangements. Frequently they do not even try to bear resemblance to anything that might arise in a real game. Still, in normal chess problems, it must be possible &8211; at least in principle &8211; to reach the composed position. There are various variants in chess composition, the most popular being direct mates where white mates in a given number of moves, and the stipulation is &8220;mate in n&8221;. With the advent of modern chess computers and chess problem solving programs, also other variants have become more and more popular. In addition to the older direct mates, helpmates and selfmates and also more fancy stipulations are now published for which there is so far no computerized solving program. But the beauty of economical surprising mates which is found after hours of staring at the chessboard and then suddenly experiencing a light bulb moment leads to a feeling of total relaxation.<br>If you like to stay a rainy afternoon alone in your house, this book offers a plentitude of possibilities. You can solve some of the famous problems in this compilation. If you are about to despair you can look up the solutions, you can entertain yourself with witty quotations, and you can be enlightened and amused by dipping in at random to find some anecdotes about the bizarre habits of chess players, composers and solvers. Despite its noble nucleus, chess is still a game and you should enjoy it. <br>The book is illustrated by a large number of portraits and cartoons. A comprehensive index helps to find whatever you are looking for. This compilation of chess problems does not claim to be a handbook, a professional training or an instruction how to solve chess problems. Rather it is a kaleidoscopic collection of chess problem related issues with the aim to create a relaxed atmosphere of entertainment. There is a large number of chess cartoons to achieve a stress-relieved ambiente, some of the illustrations may be considered whimsical, but this is just right for this type of compilation. So enjoy it and have fun!
- AutorClaus Grupen
- IllustratorClaus Grupen
- Ausgabe1. Auflage
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten586 Seiten
- Gewicht877 g
Meistverkauft in Basteln & Dekoration
Hier sparen: Basteln & Dekoration
- EUR 6,44Preistendenz: EUR 9,42
- EUR 7,99Preistendenz: EUR 8,69
- EUR 4,99Preistendenz: EUR 6,53
- EUR 6,95Preistendenz: EUR 9,21
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 11,27
- EUR 2,07Preistendenz: EUR 3,64
- EUR 8,67Preistendenz: EUR 12,80
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.