Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,21
- EUR 22,99Preistendenz: EUR 26,69
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,52
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungPower and Politeness in the Workplace has become established as a seminal text for courses in language and professional communication.<br>Co-authored by bestselling author Janet Holmes, this text provides insights into the way we all talk at work, including a wealth of material illustrating the way people communicate with each other in their ordinary everyday encounters in their workplaces. The analysis focuses, in particular, on how and why people "do" power and politeness in the workplace, and examines the discourse strategies involved in balancing the competing demands of meeting workplace objectives and getting things done on time with maintaining good collegial workplace relationships.<br>Drawing on a large and very varied corpus of data collected in a wide range of workplaces, the authors explore specific types of workplace talk, such as giving advice and instructions, solving problems, running meetings and making decisions. Attention is also paid to the important contribution of less obviously relevant types of workplace talk such as humour and small talk, to the construction of effective workplace relationships. In the final chapter some of the practical implications of the analyses are identified.<br>This Routledge Linguistics Classic is here reissued with a new preface from the authors, covering the methods of analysis, an update on the Language in the Workplace project and a look at the work in the context of recent research.' Power and Politeness in the Workplace continues to be a vital read for researchers and postgraduate students in the fields of applied linguistics and communication studies.
- AutorJanet Holmes,Maria Stubbe
- Ausgabe2 Rev ed.
- VerlagTaylor & Francis
- Seiten220 Seiten
- Gewicht348 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.