Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book brings together a selection of original studies submitted to Biodiversity and Conservation addressing aspects of the conservation and biodiversity of plants. Plants are, along with terrestrial vertebrates, the best known organisms on Earth, and so work on them can be a model for that on less known organism groups. Further, plants are crucial to ecosystem processes, and provide habitats and food for myriads of dependent organisms. At the same time, plants are exploited for food and fuel by humans, and forests continue to be felled for the timber trade or to provide more grazing for cattle. As individual plants are not mobile, they are also particularly vulnerable to global climate change. The contributions are drawn from a wide range of countries from different continents, and collectively provide a snap-shot of the types of studies and actions being taken in plant conservation topical examples that will make the volume especially valuable for use in conservation biology courses. Reprinted from Biodiversity and Conservation, volume 16:6 (2007) Original studies address key aspects of the conservation and biodiversity of plants. Articles are all peer-reviewed primary research papers, contributed by leading biodiversity researchers from around the world. Collectively, these articles provide a snapshot of the major issues and activities in global plant conservation. Many of the articles can serve as excellent case studies for courses in ecology, restoration, biodiversity, and conservation.
- HerausgaberAlan T. Bull,David L. Hawksworth
- SerieTopics in Biodiversity and Conservation
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten421 Seiten
- Gewicht861 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 143,05Preistendenz: EUR 207,89
- EUR 11,12Preistendenz: EUR 14,95
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.