Meistverkauft in Diverse Unterhaltungsliteratur
Hier sparen: Diverse Unterhaltungsliteratur
- EUR 12,99Preistendenz: EUR 22,53
- EUR 12,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,80
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 20,21
- EUR 13,74Preistendenz: EUR 16,35
- EUR 15,98Preistendenz: EUR 17,51
- EUR 8,62Preistendenz: EUR 10,21
- EUR 7,38Preistendenz: EUR 7,93
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe appeal of philosophy has always been its willingness to speak to those pressing questions that haunt us as we make our way through life. What is truth? Could we think without language? Is materialism everything? But in recent years, philosophy has been largely absent from mainstream cultural commentary. Many have come to believe that the field is excessively technical and inward-looking and that it has little to offer outsiders. The 25 interviews collected in this volume, all taken from a series of online interviews with leading philosophers published by the cultural magazine 3ammagazine.com, were carried out with the aim of confronting widespread ignorance about contemporary philosophy. Interviewer Richard Marshall's informed and enthusiastic questions help his subjects explain the meaning of their work in a way that is accessible to non-specialists. Contemporary philosophical issues are presented through engaging but serious dialogues that, taken together, offer a glimpse into key debates across the discipline. Alongside metaphysics, philosophy of mind, epistemology, logic, philosophy of science, philosophy of language, political philosophy and ethics, discussed here are feminist philosophy, continental philosophy, pragmatism, philosophy of religion, experimental philosophy, bioethics, animal rights, and legal philosophy. Connections between philosophy and fields such as psychology, cognitive science, and theology are likewise examined. Marshall interviews philosophers both established and up-and coming. Engaging, thoughtful and thought-provoking, inviting anyone with a hunger for philosophical questions and answers to join in, Philosophy at 3:AM shows that contemporary philosophy can be relevant - and even fun.
- AutorRichard Marshall
- VerlagOxford University Press Inc
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- SprachausgabeFranzösisch, Englisch
- Seiten304 Seiten
- Gewicht530 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.