- EUR 128,78Kostenloser Versand
- EUR 144,44Kostenloser Versand
Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book is a real-world study of Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL), a method in which undergraduates work together, under the guidance of a peer leader, in course-connected workshops. PLTL is intended to complement lecture. The text explains how the method evolved into a teaching/learning model. The evaluation uncovered six critical components for successful implementation. Evaluation at each new site looked at implementation, comparing methods, materials, training, and organizational arrangements with what had been found to work effectively. Those disseminating the model used the critical components to frame their presentations. Dissemination of the method is carefully documented and analyzed. Evaluation of the program's effectiveness was shared. Instructors compared grades of classes or cohorts of students with and without PLTL, with different kinds of controls. The external evaluator measured the quality of implementation, student satisfaction, the impact on leaders, and other factors. Finally, this study looks closely at institutionalization: the essential factors necessary for a program's sustainability. The evaluation explained in this text is transportable to other programs and pedagogies.
- AutorLeo Gafney,Pratibha Varma-Nelson
- SerieInnovations in Science Education and Technology
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten156 Seiten
- Gewicht920 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.