Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungChester Brown has never shied away from tackling controversial subjects in his work. In his 1992 book, The Playboy, he explored his personal history with pornography. His bestselling 2003 graphic novel, Louis Riel, was a biographical examination of an extreme political figure. The book won wide acclaim and cemented Brown's reputation as a true innovator.<br>Paying for It is a natural progression for Brown as it combines the personal and sexual aspects of his autobiographical work with the polemical drive of Louis Riel. Brown calmly lays out the facts of how he became not only a willing participant in but a vocal proponent of one of the world's most hot-button topic prostitution. While this may appear overly sensational and just plain implausible to some, Brown's story stands for itself. Paying for It offers an entirely contemporary exploration of sex work from the timid john who rides his bike to his escorts, wonders how to tip so as not to offend, and reads Dan Savage for advice, to the modern-day transactions complete with online reviews, seemingly willing participants, and clean apartments devoid of clich street corners, drugs, or pimps.<br>Complete with a surprise ending, Paying for It provides endless debate and conversation about sex work and will be the most talkedabout graphic novel of 2011.
- AutorChester Brown
- VerlagDrawn & Quarterly
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten280 Seiten
- Gewicht662 g
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 10,98Preistendenz: EUR 12,12
- EUR 24,00Preistendenz: EUR 28,17
- EUR 39,95Preistendenz: EUR 49,47
- EUR 26,95Preistendenz: EUR 39,95
- EUR 13,48Preistendenz: EUR 15,49
- EUR 34,89Preistendenz: EUR 49,99
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.