Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe primary mission of this text is clarifying many of the misconceptions about Paulo Freire&8217;s theories, concepts and his implications for education. It revisits his ideas and explains more fully the philosophical influences that shaped concepts such as problem posing, conscientization and praxis.<br>The fundamental thesis, then, is that the present absence of in-depth philosophical analysis leaves an unacceptable void in the literature addressing Freire&8217;s work, while also promoting frequent misconceptions and superficial understandings about his relationship to contemporary education. Indeed, the philosophical assumptions contributing to Freire&8217;s critical pedagogy require identification, unravelling and ultimately evaluation on the basis of their epistemic and moral tenability. Most existing applications of Freire&8217;s pedagogy are unfortunately superficial because they simply sloganize terms such as banking education, conscientization, praxis, and humanization. A slogan in education popularizes a concept or idea in a positive way, but offers very little in terms of critical reflection or analysis. In order to understand these terms and their origin and apply them as Freire intended, a far richer and more in depth examination of Freire is desperately needed. This text will provide precisely that type of examination.
- AutorEmery J. Hyslop-Margison,John Dale
- SerieExplorations of Educational Purpose
- Ausgabe1st ed. 2011, Corr. 3rd printing 2011
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten172 Seiten
- Gewicht430 g
Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,30
- EUR 22,99Preistendenz: EUR 26,81
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.