Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 19,89Preistendenz: EUR 23,52
- EUR 11,45Preistendenz: EUR 19,99
- EUR 16,51Preistendenz: EUR 16,94
- EUR 12,17Preistendenz: EUR 12,96
- EUR 8,24Preistendenz: EUR 11,95
- EUR 8,68Preistendenz: EUR 12,94
- EUR 15,50Preistendenz: EUR 23,98
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe New York Times bestseller!
- AutorAmanda Quick
- Seiten400 Seiten
- Gewicht193 g
- LeseprobeThis excerpt is from an advance uncorrected proof.<br />Copyright © 2014 by Jayne Ann Krentz<br />CHAPTER THREE<br />London<br />Amity blamed herself for failing to realize until too late that there was a man concealed in the shadows of the cab. It was the rain, she concluded. Under most circumstances she would have been far more observant. Traveling abroad she made it a point to pay strict attention when she found herself in unfamiliar surroundings. But this was London. One did not expect to be kidnapped straight off the street in broad daylight.<br />True, she had been distracted when she left the lecture hall. She was still fuming because of the countless inaccuracies in Dr. Potter's lecture on the American West. The man was a benighted fool. He had never so much as set foot outside of England, let alone bothered to read her pieces in the Flying Intelligencer. Potter knew nothing of the West, yet he dared to present himself as an authority on the subject. It had been too much to take sitting down, so of course she had been forced to stand up and raise some serious objections.<br />That had not gone over well with Potter or his audience. She had been escorted out of the lecture hall by two stout attendants. She had heard the muffled snickers and disapproving sniffs from the crowd. Respectable ladies did not interrupt noted lecturers with the goal of correcting them. Luckily, none of those in the audience were aware of her identity. Really, one had to be so careful in London.<br />Irritated and eager to escape the dreary summer rain, she had leaped into the first cab that stopped in the street. That proved to be a serious mistake.<br />She barely had time to register the odd, shuttered windows and the presence of the other occupant before the man wrapped an arm around her neck and hauled her close against his chest. He pressed the tip of a very sharp object to her throat. Out of the corner of her eye she saw that he gripped a scalpel in one gloved hand.<br />
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.