Hier sparen: Junge Leser
- EUR 7,99Preistendenz: EUR 12,53
- EUR 18,99Preistendenz: EUR 24,47
- EUR 8,95Preistendenz: EUR 16,63
- EUR 15,04Preistendenz: EUR 16,99
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,97
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>In this Newbery Honor novel, <em>New York Times</em> bestselling author Rita Williams-Garcia tells the story of three sisters who travel to Oakland, California, in 1968 to meet the mother who abandoned them.</p><p>Eleven-year-old Delphine is like a mother to her two younger sisters, Vonetta and Fern. She´s had to be, ever since their mother, Cecile, left them seven years ago for a radical new life in California. When they arrive from Brooklyn to spend the summer with her, Cecile is nothing like they imagined. While the girls hope to go to Disneyland and meet Tinker Bell, their mother sends them to a day camp run by the Black Panthers. Unexpectedly, Delphine, Vonetta, and Fern learn much about their family, their country, and themselves during one truly crazy summer.</p><p>This moving, funny novel won the Scott O´Dell Award for Historical Fiction and the Coretta Scott King Award and was a National Book Award Finalist.</p><p>Readers who enjoy Christopher Paul Curtis´s <em>The Watsons Go to Birmingham </em>and Jacqueline Woodson&8217;s <em>Brown Girl Dreaming </em>will find much to love in <em>One Crazy Summer</em>. Delphine, Vonetta, and Fern´s story continues in <em>P.S. Be Eleven</em> and <em>Gone Crazy in Alabama</em>. This novel was the first featured title for Marley D&8217;s Reading Party, launched after the success of 1000BlackGirlBooks. Maria Russo, in a <em>New York Times</em> list of "great kids´ books with diverse characters," called it "witty and original."</p><p>Supports the Common Core State Standards</p>
- AutorRita Williams-Garcia
- Seiten240 Seiten
- Gewicht158 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.